Game Board, Dinosaur Playing Pieces, 39 Dino-Egg-Venture Cards, Dino-Directory,
1 Die and Intructions!
To wander though the dangers and dilemmas of the Dino-World, searching for safety in the Dino-Refuge. The first player to reach the Refuge on an exact roll and shout “DINOMITE!” wins the games.
How Play Proceeds:
Players choose a dinosaur playing piece and place dinosaurs at the Stego-Start-Us. Each player rolls the die. The player rolling the highest number begins by rolling die again and moving playing piece appropriate number of squares. Play continues clockwise.
When passing a Dino-Stop (square pictured with a dinosaur), player may choose which direction to turn. If dinosaur lands directly on Dino-Stop, STOP and IMMEDIATELY roll again. Arrows indicate the direction to move.
Play proceeds by following directions printed on the board. Selected Dino-Square and Dino-Egg-Venture Cards (a square pictured with a dinosaur egg) may slow down or speed up your dinosaur’s progress. A player continues with his turn, following all direction, until he can no longer move.
Rules of Play:
1. DINO-STOPS: If a player is re-directed and lands on a Dino-Stop, roll immediately for direction and distance.
When directed to “Go Back” or “Turn Around,” turn around and change direction.
2. DINO-GREETING: If you land on another player’s dinosaur, this is a Dino-Greeting. Take another turn.
3. PIT-TRAP: Generally the bridge over the Pit Trap is one-way and counts as four Dino-Squares. The only exception is when a player is instructed to “Turn Around.” He may then reverse direction, cross the bridge, and STOP when he reaches the Volcanic Rocks.
4. DINO-EGG SQUARE: When you land on a Dino-Egg Square, you do not have to pick a card. If you like your position, you may not want to risk being re-directed.
If you land on a Dino-Egg Square occupied by another dinosaur ( a Dino-Greeting), first follow the instructions on the Dino-Egg-Venture card, then take an additional turn.
5. BRONTO-BARGE: The Bronto-Barge space counts as a Dino Square. A player must land on this square to have a chance to cross Lizard Lake. When you cross the lake, stop at the Landing Square.
6. FREE PASS: “Free Pass” cards for the Bronto-Barge and out of the Mud Swamp may be used when a player lands in those places. These cards also can be TRADED to another player who needs them. The player who trades a “Pass” cards gets five extra Dino-Square on his next turn.
7. GATE OF RESCUE: Whenever a player comes to the Dinomite Square outside the Gate of Rescue, he MUST STOP and on the same turn roll a 1 or 2 to enter the Gate. If other numbers are rolled, follow instructions on the board. (NOTE: If a 3,4 or 5 is rolled, “go back” toward Triceratops or Volcanic Rocks).
8. THE END: When you reach the Dino-Refuge, don’t forget to shout “DINOMITE!”
Since most Dinomiteä games are short, you may want to play a series of five games, awarding 5 points for first place, 3 for second place and 1 for third place. At the conclusion of five games, the player with the most points is the King of the Dinoworld.