Dr. Seuss® Trivia Game
Seussian Fun for Everyone!
To be the first player to reach Finish. Players advance by correctly answering questions about Dr. Seuss's classic books.
1. Each player selects a playing piece and places it at Start on the game board.
2. Shuffle the Dr. Seuss Book Cards and deal one face down to each player. Each player secretly looks at his/her Book Card and locates it on the game board. Players should not reveal their Dr. Seuss Book Cards.
3. Place the Trivia, Seussian Scene, and Seussian Scene Question Cards on the game board.
4. Most of the Trivia Cards have two questions on them. The youngest player chooses whether to play the top questions or the bottom questions for this game. There is no difference in difficulty between the top and bottom questions.
Playing the Game
1. The youngest player goes first, by rolling the die. Players do not move their playing pieces yet.
2. The player to the youngest player's right picks the top trivia card, then reads the question and the multiple choice options.
3. Correct answers are printed in bold.
4. Play passes to the left.
Landing on a Seussian Scene Space
1. When a player's playing piece ends its move on a Seussian Scene Space, all players participate.
2. The player who landed on the Seussian Scene Space (the Judge) flips over the top Seussian Scene Card and hands out one Seussian Scene Question Card, face down, to each player (including him/herself).
3. Players may not look at their Seussian Scene Question Cards yet.
4. Players look at the Seussian Scene for approximately 30 seconds, until all players agree that they are ready. The Judge then flips over the Seussian Scene, so that it is face down.
5. The Judge flips over his/her Seussian Scene Question Card and answers the question about the Seussian Scene. The Judge then looks at the Seussian Scene and/or the Seussian Scene Kay to see if s/he answered correctly.
6. The player to the left of the Judge flips over his/her Seussian Scene Question Card and answers the question about the same Seussian scene. If this player answers correctly, s/he moves ahead the number of spaces shown on the die. If not, s/he does not move.
7. Play continues in this manner until all players have answered the question on their Seussian Scene Card.
8. If players land on another Seussian Scene Space as the result of a correct answer on a Seussian Scene Question Card, they do not play another Seussian Scene Card.
9. Begin a discard pile for Seussian Scene and Seussian Scene Question cards. After all the Seussian Scene Question Cards have been played, shuffle and re-use them. Every Seussian Scene Question Card works with every Seussian Scene.
Judging Answers for Seussian Scenes
1. Judges should look at the Seussian Scene as they judge answers, without showing the Scene to other players.
2. Judges should consult the Seussian Scene Key for additional information that can help determine correct answers.
3. The Judge is the final decision-maker on any disputes.
4. When telling players whether they are right or wrong, Judges should not provide any additional information (this information could help players who have not yet answered
their Seussian Scene Question Cards).
Moving Past Another Player's Secret Book Space
1. When a player's playing piece ENDS its move on a space that matches another player's Dr. Seuss Book Card, the player holding the Card may (at his/her option) reveal his/her book cared and either exchange places with the playing piece on that space or roll the die and move ahead twice the number of spaces shown on the die.
2. When a player's playing piece passes over, but DOES NOT end, on a space that matches another player's Dr. Seuss Book Card, the player holding the Card may (at his/her option) reveal his/her Book Card and roll the die. That player then advances his/her playing piece the number of spaces shown or moves the player who passed over the space back the number of spaces shown.
3. Players may only play a Dr. Seuss Book Card once per game. After playing the Card, players discard it.
Winning the Game
The first player to reach Finish wins the game!