ZOOB® The Game
· 37 ZOOB Pieces
· 24 ZOOB Creation Cards
· 1 Game Board
· 1 Die
· 4 Playing Pieces
Object of the Game
To be the first player to collect all of the ZOOB pieces shown on the ZOOB Creation Card, move to FINISH and construct a secret ZOOB Creation.
· Place the ZOOB pieces in the box bottom.
· Each player chooses a playing piece and places it at the START space that matches its color.
· Shuffle the ZOOB Creation Card deck. Deal one card face down to each player. Players do not show their cards to each other.
Playing the Game
· The youngest player goes first.
· On each turn, players roll the die and move their playing piece exactly the number of spaces shown on the die, in any direction. A player’s playing piece may not touch the same space twice on the same turn.
· After moving, players will either take a ZOOB piece from the box, take a ZOOB piece from another player, swap a ZOOB piece with another player or end their turn. Play then passes to the left.
· Players must move the full number of spaces shown on the die (except to reach FINISH after they have collected all their pieces).
· A player is not allowed to start construction the secret ZOOB Creation shown on his/her ZOOB Creation Card until s/he has collected all the ZOOB pieces shown on his/her card and reached FINISH.
ZOOB Creation Cards
· Each card has a picture of a ZOOB Creation and the exact number of ZOOB pieces needed to build it.
· ZOOB WILD CARDS: There are two ZOOB Wild Cards in the deck – each card displays the exact number of ZOOB pieces of each color a player needs to collect before moving into FINISH. After collecting all of the pieces shown on the card, players with ZOOB Wild Cards must create (and name) their own ZOOB Creation using all of the pieces on the Card.
Landing on Spaces
· When a player ends a move on a space with:
o A picture of a ZOOB piece, that player collects one ZOOB piece of that color from the box and ends his/her turn. Players may collect extra ZOOB pieces (i.e., more than the number shown on their ZOOB Creation Cards). If there are no remaining pieces of the color on the space, that player’s turn ends.
o Free ZOOB, that player selects the ZOOB piece of his/her choice from the box.
o A Take a Friend’s ZOOB, that player takes any one ZOOB piece from an opponent.
o SWAP ZOOB, that player swaps any one piece s/he has previously collected with one piece of his/her choice from another player.
o His/Her Own START SPACE, his/her turn is over.
o Another Player’s START SPACE, s/he may take one ZOOB piece of any color from that opponent.
§ For example: The blue player ends a move on the yellow player’s START space. The blue player takes a piece from the yellow player.
o FINISH SPACE, that player’s turn is over and s/he may begin construction of his/her secret ZOOB creation. Players may not take a ZOOB piece from another player whose playing piece is on FINISH.
o ZOOB SPACE, that player’s turn is over. No player may either take or swap ZOOB pieces with a player whose playing piece is on the ZOOB space.
· After following the directions for the space s/he landed on, a player’s turn is over.
Taking ZOOB Pieces From Other Players
· Players take a ZOOB piece from an opponent when they end a move on either a TAKE A FRIEND’S ZOOB space or an opponent’s START space.
· No player may take a ZOOB piece from or swap with a player whose playing piece is on either the ZOOB space or FINISH.
The Big Finish
· On the turn after a player has collected all of the ZOOB pieces on his/her secret ZOOB Creation Card, that player rolls the die and begins moving toward FINISH. Players follow all normal rules on their way to FINISH.
· After collecting all of the ZOOB pieces on the Creation Card, a player does not need an exact roll to reach FINISH.
· When this player reaches FINISH, s/he puts any extra ZOOB pieces s/he collected back into the box and races to construct the image shown on his/her ZOOB Creation Card.
· While a player on FINISH is building his/her Creation, the remaining players continue to play and then move toward FINISH and begin building their Creations after they have collected all of the ZOOB pieces shown on their ZOOB Creation Cards.
Winning the Game
· The first player to successfully construct the ZOOB Creation on their card after reaching FINISH is the winner. Players with a ZOOB Wild Card must tell the other players the name of their ZOOB Creation to win.
· A player is not allowed to begin construction on his/her ZOOB Creation until s/he has collected all the ZOOB pieces shown on his/her card and reaches the FINISH space.
©2005 University Games Corporation
©2005 INFINITOY, Inc.